What Does PLI Mean? (Using PLI Online)PLI means "Potential Love Interest." A PLI is a person whom you are attracted to and whom you see as having the potential for a romantic relationship. A PLI will be someone who has qualities that you consider important in a relationship, such as charm or intelligence. A person you "fancy" or "have a crush on" may be considered a PLI.
Of note, in the classic novel "Emma" by Jane Austen, the protagonist meets many "Potential Love Interests" and tries to act as a matchmaker for other characters in the story.
Image for PLI
When I write PLI, I mean this:
PLI. For every Bob there's a Betty.
Summary of Key Points"Potential Love Interest" is the most common definition for PLI on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Potential Love Interest|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of PLI in SentencesHere are examples of PLI being used in conversations:
- Tony: Hey, man, who's your PLI?
- Jordan: You're mad if you think I'd tell you!
- Tony: Bro, check out the fitty McVittie over there!
- Jordan: Hey, I think that may be Johnny's PLI!
An Academic Look at PLIAs it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Pee Ell Eye"), PLI is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
PLI is a noun phrase. A noun phrase is a phrase that plays the role of a noun. The head word in a noun phrase will be a noun or a pronoun. For example:
- I read a classic book. (In this example, the head word is book.)
- He ate my last rolo. (In this example, the head word is rolo.)
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "A Potential Match" or even just "Potential Love Interest" instead of using PLI.
Example of PLI Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoBTWITIAILWY (by the way I think I am in love with you) CRUSH (infatuation) IOI (indication of interest) ITIAILWY (I think I am in love with you) PHU (potential hook up) <2 (not in love yet)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.