What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does PONR Mean?PONR (Point Of No Return) is mostly used in a sexual context to describe a time at the end of intercourse or masturbation from which male ejaculation has become inevitable. (The final stokes or thrusts after the PONR are known as the vinegar strokes.)
PONR is also used in many other contexts. For example, an investment in a project can reach a PONR. "I have reached a PONR" effectively means "I am now fully committed."
Image for PONRWhen I write PONR, I mean this: The image shows a sign indicating the point of no return.
Summary of Key Points"Point of No Return" is the most common definition for PONR on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Point of No Return|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of PONR in SentencesHere is an example of PONR being used in a conversation:
- Charlie: I think condoms are safer than the withdrawal method because once I've reach the PONR, wild horses couldn't drag me off!
- Jordan: Get yourself down to the chemist then, young man.
An Academic Look at PONRPONR is typically used as a noun (i.e., a naming word). For example:
- We have reached the PONR. The only way down now is parachuting.
Of note, PONR is an initialism abbreviation. This means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Pee Oh En Ar). (Initialisms contrast with acronyms, which are spoken like words.)
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "there's no going back from here" instead of PONR.
Note: If you found this page by misspelling "porn," then I expect you'll be experiencing a PONR soon. ;)
Example of PONR Used in a Text
What about XXXX?Here is a short video explaining the six different meanings of XXXX:
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what PONR means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?