What Does PURR Mean?PURR is an expression of approval and contentment.
The word purr (which describes the sound made by a cat when it is content) is used in chat and on social media, such as TikTok, as an expression of approval and contentment.
On TikTok, purr is often posted with a hashtag (#purr). In chat, it is typically added as an interjection at the end of a sentence. For example:
- Ali is going to the movies with me tonight. Purr.
- I got straight A's. Purr.
Image for PURR
When I write PURR, I mean this:
"Expression of Approval and Contentment"
Summary of Key Points"Expression of Approval and Contentment" is the most common definition for PURR on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Expression of Approval and Contentment|
Adults and Teenagers
An Academic Look at PURRPurr is typically used an interjection. An interjection is included in a sentence to express a sentiment such as contentment, surprise or irritation (as well as disgust, joy, excitement, or enthusiasm).
Example of PURR Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoBOOKTOK (book TikTok) FAKE BODY (TikTok content tag intended to avoid content removal) MAIN CHARACTER (TikTok video meme) PERIOD (end of discussion) PERIODT (end of conversation) SIMP NATION (TikTok simp collective) WITCHTOK (witch TikTok)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.