What Does RBI Mean?RBI means "Runs Batted In."
"Runs Batted In" (RBI) is a statistic used in baseball and softball. An RBI is credited to a batter when a run scores as a result of their hit, sacrifice fly, or other productive out. For example, if a batter hits a single and a runner on third base scores, the batter is credited with one RBI.
RBIs are often used to evaluate a player's performance and contribution to the team's success.
Image for RBI
When I write RBI, I mean this:
"Runs Batted In"
Summary of Key Points"Runs Batted In" is the most common definition for RBI on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Runs Batted In|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of RBI in SentencesHere are examples of RBI being used in conversations:
- In yesterday's game, the team's star hitter had 3 hits and 4 RBIs, which helped them win the game 7-4.
- I may not be a baseball player, but I have a high RBI (Ridiculous Burrito Intake) whenever I hit up my favorite Mexican restaurant.
An Academic Look at RBIRBI is an initialism abbreviation. It is the type of abbreviation that consists of the first letter of each word in a phrase or name and that is pronounced by saying each letter separately, rather than pronouncing the abbreviation as a word, i.e., "R-B-I." Other examples of initialism abbreviations include "FBI" (Federal Bureau of Investigation) and "CEO" (Chief Executive Officer).
Initialisms differ from acronyms, which are abbreviations that are pronounced as words, rather than by saying each letter separately. For example, NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) is pronounced as "NA-sa" and UNICEF (United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund) is pronounced as "Yoo-ni-sef".
Example of RBI Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoEXP (experience points) HP (health points or hit points, Harry Potter, hp inc., hire purchase, brown sauce) MP (mana points or magic points, member of parliament, military police, multiplayer) POG (awesome, cool, or amazing; play of the game) PPG (points per game) XP (experience points, Microsoft windows operating system)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.