What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does RBTL Mean?RBTL means "Read Between The Lines."
The phrase "Read Between The Lines" means to detect or deduce a meaning from something that has been written that is not obvious from a cursory examination of the text. The abbreviation RBTL is typically used in text-based messaging to direct someone to think about what has been written, said or done, in order to properly understand a situation.
Image for RBTLWhen I write RBTL, I mean this: "Read Between The Lines" to find the true meaning.
Summary of Key Points"Read Between The Lines" is the most common definition for RBTL on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Read Between The Lines|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of RBTL in SentencesHere are examples of RBTL being used in conversations:
- Amy: What's that supposed to mean?
- Harriet: RBTL. Congratulations, you're newly single.
- Julie: He says he's happy playing for us and wouldn't dream of playing for any other club in the country.
- Linda: RBTL. He's probably looking for a move abroad.
An Academic Look at RBTLRBTL is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Arr Bee Tee Ell). However, it is not often spoken using its letters. The abbreviation RBTL is for efficiency in writing rather than for efficiency in speech.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "Read Between The Lines" instead of using the abbreviation RBTL.
Example of RBTL Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what RBTL means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?