What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does RML Mean?RML means "Read My Lips."
The abbreviation RML is used with the meaning "Read My Lips" to emphasize the importance of the sender's words. The use of RML typically indicates that whatever is being said is the sender's final statement on the matter being discussed. RML is often sent as a denial of a repeated request. In this context it can express annoyance or irritation.
At the 1998 Republican National Congress, George H.W. Bush famously used the phrase "Read My Lips, No New Taxes" during his speech in acceptance of the party's nomination as the presidential candidate. On winning the election, he subsequently increased taxes. During the 1992 presidential campaign, his Democratic rival, Bill Clinton used these words against him. Bush failed to win re-election.
Image for RMLWhen I write RML, I mean this: RML. I mean what I say.
Summary of Key Points"Read My Lips" is the most common definition for RML on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Read My Lips|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of RML in SentencesHere are examples of RML being used in conversations:
- Alex: Seriously? You won't even lend me 5 bucks?
- Chris: RML. No more loans until you have paid back what you already owe me.
- George H.W. Bush: RML. No new taxes.
- Congress: We'll see about that.
An Academic Look at RMLRML is typically used as an imperative (i.e., an order).
RML is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Ar Em Ell). However, it is not often spoken using its letters. The abbreviation RML is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "Read My Lips," or something like "Listen To Me," instead of using RML.
Example of RML Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what RML means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?