What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does ROFC Mean?ROFC means "Rolling On Floor Crying." The abbreviation ROFC usually means that you are crying with laughter. It is a version of ROFL (Rolling On Floor Laughing). However, ROFC can also be used more literally to express intense grief, following an incident such as a bereavement or relationship break-up. With the sad connotation, it is a term commonly used by EMOs.
Of note, ROFC also stands for "Reach Out For Christ," a religious group based on the Gold Coast in Australia.
Image for ROFCWhen I write ROFC, I mean this: ROFC can mean you are crying with laughter or crying with sadness.
Summary of Key Points"Rolling On Floor Crying" is the most common definition for ROFC on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Rolling On Floor Crying|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of ROFC in SentencesHere are examples of ROFC being used in conversations:
- Danni: I'm sorry to hear about your dog. Are you ok?
- Emma: ROFC. (Here, ROFC portrays sadness.)
- Ethan: Did you see that bloke fall off the stage last night?
- Frank: Yeah, I was ROFC. (Here, ROFC portrays laughing.)
An Academic Look at ROFCROFC is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Ar Ow Eff Cee), but as this is harder to say than "Rolling on floor crying," it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation ROFC is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "I'm so unhappy" or "that's hilarious" instead of ROFC.
Example of ROFC Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what ROFC means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?