What Does ROFL Mean?ROFL means "Rolling On Floor Laughing." The acronym ROFL is one of the most common ways of expressing intense laughter. It is often combined with the term LMAO (Laughing My Ass Off) to give ROFLMAO (Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Ass Off).
Learn more ways of saying you're laughing.
Image for ROFL
When I write ROFL, I mean this:
ROFL means Rolling On Floor Laughing.
Summary of Key Points"Rolling On Floor Laughing" is the most common definition for ROFL on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Rolling On Floor Laughing|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of ROFL in SentencesHere are examples of ROFL being used in conversations:
- Ian: You're not fat, you're just... easier to see.
- Alice: ROFL.
- Tim: A recent study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.
- Harry: ROFL.
An Academic Look at ROFLROFL is an acronym (i.e., an abbreviation spoken like a word). Acronyms differ from initialism abbreviations, which are pronounced using their individual letters.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "that's hilarious" instead of ROFL.
Example of ROFL Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoALOL (actually laughing out loud) BLOL (big laugh out loud) LAWL (laugh at loud) LOL (laughing out loud) LOLED (laughed out loud (i.e. the past tense of lol)) LOLL (laugh out loud literally) LOLOL (lots of laughing out loud) ROFLOL (rolling on floor, laughing out loud) ROTFLOL (rolling on the floor laughing out loud) SLOL (seriously laughing out loud) TLOL (truly laughing out loud)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.