What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does RTFAQ Mean?RTFAQ means "Read The Frequently Asked Questions."
The abbreviation RTFAQ is used with the meaning "Read The Frequently Asked Questions" as an instruction to an enquirer to refer to the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page of a website.
The use of RTFAQ is not restricted to messages from support personnel to customers or users. RTFAQ is often used by anyone who doesn't have the requisite knowledge to answer a question, or who is tired of being asked questions that could easily be answered by referring to the FAQs. As such, the use of RTFAQ often indicates annoyance or impatience on the part of the sender.
Image for RTFAQWhen I write RTFAQ, I mean this: RTFAQ. You will usually find the answer on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Summary of Key Points"Read The Frequently Asked Questions" is the most common definition for RTFAQ on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Read The Frequently Asked Questions|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of RTFAQ in SentencesHere are examples of RTFAQ being used in conversations:
- Neil: I´m not sure how to return the parcel.
- Mick: You should RTFAQ. It's bound to say there. (here, RTFAQ indicates a desire to be helpful.)
- Rod: Right, I've done that. Do you know why the blue light is on?
- Alison: RTFAQ! You ordered the damn thing! (here, RTFAQ indicates annoyance on the part of the sender.)
An Academic Look at RTFAQAs it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Arr Tee Eff Ay Kew"), RTFAQ is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
RTFAQ is typically used as an imperative phrase (i.e., an order).
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era we didn't have FAQ pages. We would probably have said something like "Read The Instructions" instead of using RTFAQ with the meaning "Read The Frequently Asked Questions."
Example of RTFAQ Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what RTFAQ means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?