What Does SLAP Mean?SLAP means "Sounds Like A Plan."
The abbreviation SLAP is commonly used with the meaning "Sounds Like A Plan" as a positive response to a suggestion.
SLAP is similar in meaning to the abbreviations SG2M ("Sounds Good to Me") and TSG2M ("That Sounds Good to Me").
Image for SLAP
When I write SLAP, I mean this:
SLAP expresses agreement.
Summary of Key Points"Sounds Like A Plan" is the most common definition for SLAP on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Sounds Like A Plan|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of SLAP in SentencesHere are examples of SLAP being used in conversations:
- Jim: You could walk the dog while I wash the dishes.
- Abi: SLAP.
- Stuart: We could buy candy before we get to the cinema.
- Matt: SLAP.
An Academic Look at SLAPAs it is spoken like a word, SLAP is an acronym. Acronyms contrast with initialism abbreviations, which are pronounced using their individual letters.
SLAP is an abbreviation of "(That) Sounds Like A Plan" and is commonly used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement). In other words, it is not always used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have just said "Sounds Like A Plan" or something like "Good Idea" instead of using SLAP.
Example of SLAP Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.