What Does SNAG Mean in a Text?SNAG means "Sensitive New Age Guy."
The abbreviation SNAG is used with the meaning "Sensitive New Age Guy" to describe a man who emphasizes his caring, sensitive qualities over those characteristics that are typically considered more masculine. SNAG is often used as a joking insult between men, but is also often employed as a pejorative term by people who consider themselves "anti-PC" to refer to any man who expresses socially liberal views.
Jackson Whalan with an amusing take on SNAGs.Of note, in Australia, the word "snag" is a slang term for a sausage.
Image for SNAG
When I write SNAG, I mean this:
All SNAGs love puppies.
Summary of Key Points"Sensitive New Age Guy" is the most common definition for SNAG on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Sensitive New Age Guy
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of SNAG in SentencesHere are examples of SNAG being used in conversations:
- Bill: Does he like to hunt?
- Keith: I doubt it. He's such a SNAG.
- Kristel: He drank four beers and tried to kiss me.
- Steve: I thought you said he was a SNAG.
An Academic Look at SNAGSNAG is an acronym (i.e., an abbreviation spoken like a word). Acronyms differ from initialism abbreviations, which are pronounced using their individual letters.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have just said "Sensitive New Age Guy" instead of using the acronym SNAG.
Example of SNAG Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.