What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does SOUND Mean?SOUND means "good," "acceptable," or "reliable." The word SOUND is very common in the UK, especially in the North West around Liverpool. It is also seen in the British simile "sound as a pound."
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what SOUND means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Image for SOUNDWhen I write SOUND, I mean this: SOUND is a common adjective in the UK.
Summary of Key Points
Definition for SOUNDSOUND means "good," "acceptable," or "reliable" (UK). This is the most common meaning for SOUND on social-media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Snapchat.
|Definition:||Good, Acceptable, Reliable (UK)|
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of SOUND in SentencesHere are examples of SOUND being used in conversations:
- Tony: Have you met Claire? Isn't she SOUND?
- Jordan: Yes, I like her too.
- Tony: I'm running late, but I'll be there before the film starts.
- Jordan: Okay, that's SOUND.
An Academic Look at SOUNDSOUND is used as an adjective (i.e., a describing word). For example:
- Your new girlfriend is SOUND. (Here, the adjective SOUND modifies the noun girlfriend.)
Example of SOUND Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?