What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does SUS Mean?SUS means "Suspicious."
SUS is a slang word used widely, both offline and online (especially in the online game Among Us), to mean "suspicious." SUS is typically used to refer to someone or something that seems dishonest, untrustworthy, or fake. For example:
- Toni: Did you have a look at that camera on Amazon.
- Jo: Yeah, not sure though. A lot of the reviews are very SUS.
- Ali: My parents will be away all weekend. We will have the house to ourselves.
- Jo: It's not like them to trust you like that. Where are they are going? It seems a bit SUS to me.
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what SUS means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- You will score at least 5 points for a correct answer.
- You will score bonus points for answering the questions quickly.
- Be careful though. Wrong answers score 0 points.
- The maximum score is .
Summary of Key Points"Suspicious" is the most common definition for SUS on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
1: Easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Academic Look at SUSSUS is a contraction of the word suspicious.
Some contractions, like SUS, use letters of the fully expanded word in sequence. Other contractions, like Dr, use letters from the start and end of the fully expanded version. Contractions can also be formed by replacing a letter or letters with an apostrophe (e.g., can't).
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?The use of SUS to mean suspicious long pre-dates the digital era.
Example of SUS Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?