What Does SYNT Mean?SYNT means "See You Next Time." The abbreviation SYNT is commonly used as a salutation at the end of an online chat or meeting with the meaning "See You Next Time." SYNT indicates that the sender expects to connect with the recipient or recipients at some time in the future (whether or not the next contact has already been scheduled).
Image for SYNT
When I write SYNT, I mean this:
SYNT is an informal way of saying goodbye.
Summary of Key Points"See You Next Time" is the most common definition for SYNT on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||See You Next Time|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of SYNT in SentencesHere are examples of SYNT being used in conversations:
- Michelle: I love these dance classes.
- Kayleigh: Me too! I can't wait for the next one!
- Michelle: SYNT!
- Ray: I won't be able to make it tonight.
- Bobby: Never mind. SYNT.
An Academic Look at SYNTSYNT is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Ess Why Enn Tee), but it is not often uttered using its letters. The abbreviation SYNT is typically used for efficiency in writing rather than for efficiency in speech.
SYNT is normally used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement). It is not typically used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "See You Next Time" instead of using the abbreviation SYNT.
Example of SYNT Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoTNT (Til Next Time) CU (See You) CULA (See You Later, Alligator) CUT (See You There) HTSYS (Hope To See You Soon)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.