What Does TCTC Mean in a Text?TCTC (Too Close To Call) is used to describe a situation where it is almost impossible to predict what the result might be.
Although TCTC is typically used in a sports or competition context (such as races, games or boxing bouts), it can also be applied more widely to other topics of conversation (e.g., political debates or social situations).
Image for TCTC
When I write TCTC, I mean this:
The image shows a race that is too close to call.
Summary of Key Points"Too Close to Call" is the most common definition for TCTC on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Too Close to Call
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of TCTC in SentencesHere are examples of TCTC being used in conversations:
- Charlie: Do you know who won that race?
- Jordan: I have no idea. TCTC
- Charlie: So, do you think she is going to dump him for standing her up?
- Jordan: I don't know. TCTC
An Academic Look at TCTCTCTC is an initialism abbreviation. This means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Tee See Tee See). (Initialisms contrast with acronyms, which are spoken like words.)
TCTC is used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement), which translates best as "It is too close to call." In other words, it is not used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "It is anyone's guess" or "I'd say that is 50-50" instead of TCTC.
Example of TCTC Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.