What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does TGTBT Mean?TGTBT means "Too Good To Be True."
The abbreviation TGTBT is used with the meaning "Too Good To Be True" when someone or something appears to be so amazing or impressive that it's difficult to believe that they or it are for real. Usually, TGTBT expresses disbelief or suspicion and urges caution, or is used retrospectively to express regret when something turns out worse than expected. However, it can also be used as an exclamation of delight or admiration. For example:
- Cut taxes for the rich, so that they create millions of highly-paid jobs? That sounds TGTBT! (Here, TGTBT expresses doubt.)
- I should have known that offer of a free laptop was TGTBT! (Here, TGTBT is being used retrospectively to express regret.)
- A ten-percent pay rise! Thanks! That sounds TGTBT! (Here, TGTBT expresses delight.)
"Too Good To Be True" is also often abbreviated as 2G2BT.
Image for TGTBTWhen I write TGTBT, I mean this: Money growing on trees? That's TGTBT!
Summary of Key Points"Too Good To Be True" is the most common definition for TGTBT on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Too Good To Be True|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of TGTBT in SentencesHere are examples of TGTBT being used in conversations:
- Sam: The hotel and flights are free.
- Kelly: That sounds TGTBT. There's bound to be a catch.
- Rita: I only have to pay for the first one. The rest are free.
- Caroline: That is TGTBT. Have you read the small print?
An Academic Look at TGTBTTGTBT is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Tee Gee Tee Bee Tee"). However, it is not often uttered using its letters. The abbreviation TGTBT is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have just said "Too Good To Be True" or something like "Are You Sure There Isn't A Catch?" instead of using the abbreviation TGTBT.
Example of TGTBT Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?