What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does TME Mean?TME means "Too Much Effort." It is typically used to avoid undertaking an undesirable activity by suggesting:
- The potential reward does not warrant the effort.
- The activity is too strenuous, complicated, or awkward.
- The person is not in the mood to participate (e.g., is currently relaxing).
Image for TMEWhen I write TME, I mean this: The image shows a cat slumped on the arm of a chair.
Summary of Key Points"Too Much Effort" is the most common definition for TME on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Too Much Effort|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of TME in SentencesHere are examples of TME being used in conversations:
- Tony: I love seeing Kate but her boyfriend is TME.
- Jordan: I know. He's so dry.
- Tony: How was your climbing lesson?
- Jordan: Interesting but TME for me!
An Academic Look at TMEAs it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Tee Em Ee"), TME is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "it's too much like hard work" or "I can't be bothered" instead of TME.
Example of TME Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?