What Does UB3R Mean?UB3R means "Über." Über is the German word for above or over, but, when used in English, it broadly translates as very or super. For example:
- Your jacket is über cool. (This means very cool or super cool.)
Image for UB3R
When I write UB3R, I mean this:
UB3R means über (German for over).
Summary of Key Points"Über (very, super, more, extra)" is the most common definition for UB3R on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
(very, super, more or extra)
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of UB3R in SentencesHere are examples of UB3R being used in conversations:
- Tony: Last night's game was UB3R.
- Jordan: I'm sorry I missed it.
- Tony: She is UB3R confident.
- Jordan: Well, let's hope it's warranted.
An Academic Look at UB3RUB3R can be used as an adjective or an adverb. For example:
- That is an UB3R cake. (Here, it is an adjective.)
- I think it's UB3R expensive. (Here, it is an adverb being used like very.)
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "über," "very," or "super" instead of UB3R.
Example of UB3R Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoMINT (superb or cool) AMZ (amazing) BOOM (amazing) AWSM (awesome) BOSS (awesome) FANTABULOUS (fantastic and fabulous (a portmanteaux word; i.e. made up of two words)) FAB (fabulous) PGDA (pretty goddamn awesome)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.