What Does UG Mean?UG most commonly means "Ugly." UG can be used with regard to a person, a place or a situation, which is deemed to be unattractive, unsightly or dangerous.
Although less common, UG can also mean "underground," which describes something as secretive. For example:
- I heard Rick’s party was UG.
Image for UG
When I write UG, I mean this:
UG means ugly.
Summary of Key Points"Ugly" is the most common definition for UG on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of UG in SentencesHere are examples of UG being used in conversations:
- Tony: That dog is proper UG.
- Jordan: It looks like a broom!
- Tony: I feel completely UG today.
- Jordan: Cheer up, honey. You look lovely.
An Academic Look at UGUG is used as an adjective (i.e., a describing word). For example:
- What an UG cat. (Here, the adjective UG modifies the noun cat.)
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "ugly" instead of UG.
Example of UG Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoBEAST (ugly or well-built person) BEASTLY (ugly or muscly) BOILER (ugly woman) BUTTERS (ugly) BUTTERZ (ugly) DUSTY (ugly) MUCK (ugly) UDS (ugly duckling syndrome) UGG (ugly) UGGO (ugly person)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.