What Does VLOGGER Mean?Vlogger means "Video Blogger." Video blogs are a form of online television which are increasingly common on sites such as Youtube.
Vloggers are people who regularly publish video blogs. (NB: Popular vloggers can make a living from this, making "vlogger" a bonafide profession.)
Some vloggers are also bloggers and embed their videos among text on a blog or website. Some vloggers use video as a form of online diary, while others give advice or information. For example, a food vlogger might film a recipe, and a beauty vlogger would share make-up tips.
Image for VLOGGER
When I write VLOGGER, I mean this:
The image shows a woman being filmed on a small video camera.
Summary of Key Points"Video blogger" is the most common definition for VLOGGER on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of VLOGGER in SentencesHere are examples of VLOGGER being used in conversations:
- Tony: He's a well-known VLOGGER.
- Jordan: I think I've seen his videos online.
- Tony: How do you make so much money?
- Jordan: I'm a fashion VLOGGER in my free time.
An Academic Look at VLOGGERAs it is formed by merging two words into one, Vlogger is classified as a portmanteau word. It is formed by amalgamating video and blog.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "diarist" or "columnist."
Example of VLOGGER Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.