What Does White Noise Mean?White noise is a sound played for relaxation.
Like brown noise and pink noise, white noise refers to sounds that appear constant to the human ear. These type of noises, or sonic hues, contain minimal sound variations (i.e., changes in tone and speed) compared with sounds such as speech, singing or music.
The sounds of white noise are distributed evenly across high, medium and low frequencies, creating a humming noise, similar to radio static, a fan, or air conditioner.
Some people find white noise helps in dealing with tinnitus, sleeplessness, or blocking background noise.
Image for White Noise
When I write White Noise, I mean this:
"Sound Played for Relaxation"
Summary of Key Points"Sound Played for Relaxation" is the most common definition for White Noise on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Sound Played for Relaxation|
Adults and Teenagers
Example of White Noise Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoLUB (heart sound, love) NOMNOM (eating noises) OM NOM (eating noises) SFX (sound effects) SNR (signal to noise ratio (communications), streaks and recents) SONAR (sound navigation and ranging) SQ (sound quality) SWND (sound)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.