Capital Letter D with Caron (Ď)
Codes for the "Capital-Letter-D-with-Caron" SymbolClick on a to copy its contents.
"D" with Caron ExplainedThe letter "d" with a caron, which is ď in lowercase and Ď in uppercase) is a diacritical mark used in various languages to modify the sound of the letter. Here are five examples of how the letter "d" with a caron is used:
- In Czech, the letter "ď" is used to represent the voiced palatal plosive /ɟ/ sound, as in the word "ďábel" (devil).
- In Slovak, the letter "ď" is used to represent the voiced palatal plosive /ɟ/ sound, as in the word "ďaleký" (far).
- In Lower Sorbian, a Slavic language spoken in Germany, the letter "ď" is used to represent the voiced palatal plosive /ɟ/ sound.
- In Upper Sorbian, another Slavic language spoken in Germany, the letter "ď" is used to represent the voiced alveolo-palatal affricate /d͡ʑ/ sound.
- In Romani, a language spoken by the Romani people, the letter "ď" is used to represent the voiced palatal plosive /ɟ/ sound.
Alternative NamesAlternative names for the letter "d" with a caron include "D-caron," "d-caron," "d-hacek," or "d-hachek."
Test Your Knowledge of the Accented LettersHere is a quick quiz to test your knowledge of the accented letters.
View the Symbol in Different Sizes and Fonts
How To Insert the Ď Symbol
(Method 1) Copy and paste the symbol.Click on the Ď symbol from the table above. Press the "Copy" button, and then paste the symbol into your document.
(Method 2) Use the "Alt Code."The Alt Code for Ď is Alt 270. If you have a keyboard with a numeric pad, you can use this method. Simply hold down the Alt Key and type 270. When you lift the Alt Key, Ď appears. ("Num Lock" must be on.)
(Method 3) Use the HTML Decimal Code (for webpages).
(Method 4) Use the HTML Entity Code (for webpages).
(Method 5) Use the CSS Code (for webpages).
|CSS and HTML Text||Output|
(Method 6) Use the HTML Hex Code (for webpages and HTML canvas).
const x = "0x"+"10E"|
ctx.fillText(String.fromCodePoint(x), 5, 5);
[Hold down Alt]
(Note that you can omit any leading zeros.)
|let str = "\u010E"|
document.write("My symbol: " + str)
|My symbol: Ď|
(Method 8) Use an Image (for various).
|<img src = "myImg.png"/>||Ď|
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?