Capital Letter D with Stroke (Đ)
Codes for the "Capital-Letter-D-with-Stroke" SymbolClick on a to copy its contents.
Latin-Capital-Letter-D-with-Stroke ExplainedThe letter "d" with a stroke (đ) is a diacritical mark used in various languages to modify the sound of the letter. Here are five examples of how the letter "d" with a stroke is used:
- In Vietnamese, the letter "đ" is used to represent the voiced alveolar implosive /ɗ/ sound, as in the word "đồng" (currency).
- In Serbian and Croatian, the letter "đ" is used to represent the voiced alveolar fricative /ð/ sound, as in the word "đak" (student).
- In Montenegrin, the letter "đ" is used to represent the voiced alveolar fricative /ð/ sound, as in the word "đakon" (deacon).
- In Hungarian, the letter "đ" is used to represent the voiced alveolar affricate /d͡z/ sound, as in the word "Szeged" (a city in Hungary).
- In Bosnian, the letter "đ" is used to represent the voiced alveolar fricative /ð/ sound, as in the word "đumbir" (ginger).
Alternative NamesAlternative names for the letter "d" with a stroke include "D-stroke," "d-stroke," "crossed-D," or "d-bar."
Test Your Knowledge of the Accented LettersHere is a quick quiz to test your knowledge of the accented letters.
View the Symbol in Different Sizes and Fonts
How To Insert the Đ Symbol
(Method 1) Copy and paste the symbol.Click on the Đ symbol from the table above. Press the "Copy" button, and then paste the symbol into your document.
(Method 2) Use the "Alt Code."The Alt Code for Đ is Alt 272. If you have a keyboard with a numeric pad, you can use this method. Simply hold down the Alt Key and type 272. When you lift the Alt Key, Đ appears. ("Num Lock" must be on.)
(Method 3) Use the HTML Decimal Code (for webpages).
(Method 4) Use the HTML Entity Code (for webpages).
(Method 5) Use the CSS Code (for webpages).
|CSS and HTML Text||Output|
(Method 6) Use the HTML Hex Code (for webpages and HTML canvas).
const x = "0x"+"110"|
ctx.fillText(String.fromCodePoint(x), 5, 5);
[Hold down Alt]
(Note that you can omit any leading zeros.)
|let str = "\u0110"|
document.write("My symbol: " + str)
|My symbol: Đ|
(Method 8) Use an Image (for various).
|<img src = "myImg.png"/>||Đ|
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?