What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does 10Q Mean?10Q means "Thank you." It is a speedy way of expressing gratitude.
There are many alternative ways of saying thank you, including:
- 10X (thanks)
- 39 (thank you)
- 3Q (thank you)
- CHEERS (thank you)
- FNX (thanks)
- GRX (thank you (from "gracias"))
- HT (hat tip (i.e. thanks))
- Q (thank you)
- TA (thank you)
- THANQ (thank you)
- TX (thanks)
Image for 10QWhen I write 10Q, I mean this:
Summary of Key Points"Thank You" is the most common definition for 10Q on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of 10Q in SentencesHere are examples of 10Q being used in conversations:
- John: Today I gave a man who asked for a donation towards the local swimming pool a glass of water.
- Gary: Did he say 10Q?
- John: Oddly, he didn't.
- Sophie: You're not fat. You're just easier to see.
- Tasha: Err, 10Q. I think.
An Academic Look at 10Q10Q is defined as a cyber term because some of its characters are used as substitutes for letters. Most cyber terms were introduced to reduce the number of key strokes required to write the word, but since the arrival of predictive texting and keyboards on mobile devices, this efficiency is no longer required. Nevertheless, cyber terms are still regularly used to make messages more entertaining or to express individuality. Cyber terms differ from icons because they are not pictorial representations.
From a grammar perspective, 10Q is a declarative sentence (i.e., a statement). (In other words, it is not usually used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.)
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "thank you" instead of 10Q.
Using Numbers in TextsThis video shows the different ways that numbers are used in "text speak":
Example of 10Q Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what 10Q means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?