What Does 224 Mean?224 means "Today, Tomorrow, Forever."
The number 224 is an "internet slang term" used in text speak to express permanency in a romantic context. It is typically used when making a declaration of love and is often combined with other abbreviations to add emphasis. For example:
- I promise to love you 224.
- 831 (I Love You) 224.
Video Summarizing 224Here is a short video summarizing how the numeronym 224 works:
Image for 224
When I write 224, I mean this:
A young couple in love 224. (Hopefully!)
Summary of Key Points"Today, Tomorrow, Forever" is the most common definition for 224 on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Today, Tomorrow, Forever|
|Type:||Internet Slang Term|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of 224 in SentencesHere are examples of 224 being used in conversations:
- Jason: I will love you 224.
- Michelle: You're so sweet, but I'm still not doing it.
- Daughter: Please, I will love you 224.
- Mom: Thanks, but you're still not having the car.
An Academic Look at 224224 is typically used as an adverb of time. An adverb of time modifies a verb to describe when the verb occurs. For example:
- "I will hate you 224."
(Here, 224 emphasizes that the verb (to hate) will occur ad infinitum.)
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "forever" instead of using 224.
Using Numbers in TextsThis video shows the different ways that numbers are used in "text speak":
Example of 224 Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See Also12 (forever) 1437 (I love you forever (number of letters in each word)) 40000 (forever) 4EVA (forever) 4EVER (forever) 5EVER (longer than forever) 637 (always and forever (number of letters in each word)) A&F (always and forever) AAF (always and forever)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.