What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
3812 is a cyber term used with the meaning "I Love You Too." The numbers in 3812 represent:
- 3: The number of words in the term "I Love You."
- 8: The number of letters in the term "I Love You."
- 1: Indicates that both 3812 and "I Love You" have one meaning.
- 2: A numerical representation of the word "Too."
3812 is only one of many ways of abbreviating "I Love You Too." Others include 1432, ILU2 and ILY2.
Video Summarizing 3812Check out our video about 3812:
Image for 3812When I write 3812, I mean this: 3812 is typically used in response to 381.
Summary of Key Points"I Love You Too" is the most common definition for 3812 on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Here is some more information about 3812:
|Definition:||I Love You Too|
5: Extremely difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of 3812 in SentencesHere's an example of 3812 being used in conversation:
- Don: Hey babe, I'm gonna be late tonight. Playing golf with Gerry. 381.
- Donna: Hey honey, no problem. I'll be at mom's and your dinner's in the dog. 3812.
An Academic Look at 38123812 is classified as a cyber term because its characters are used as substitutes for letters. Most cyber terms were introduced to reduce the number of key strokes required to write a message but, since the arrival of keyboards and predictive text on mobile devices, this efficiency is no longer required.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "I Love You Too" instead of using 3812.
Using Numbers in TextsThis video shows the different ways that numbers are used in "text speak":
Example of 3812 Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?