What Does 3M Mean?3M means "3M Company."
The abbreviation 3M is the trade name of the 3M Company, which, until 2002, was known as the Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Company. 3M is an American multinational corporation, based in Maplewood, Minnesota, which operates in the fields of worker safety, health care, and consumer goods.
The 3M Company is a leading manufacturer of respirators and face masks. As a result of the coronavirus outbreak of 2019 (COVID-19), these products were in extremely high demand worldwide.
Image for 3M
When I write 3M, I mean this:
The 3M Company is a leading maker of face masks.
Summary of Key Points"3M Company" is the most common definition for 3M on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Here is some more information about 3M:
Examples of 3M in SentencesHere's an example of 3M being used in conversation:
- Rob: I'm going to get a 3M face mask, just to be on the safe side.
- Julie: Well, don't pay a crazy price for one. According to the FDA they're not much use anyway.
An Academic Look at 3M3M is an abbreviation of the company name Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Company, which has been called 3M since 2002. 3M is a registered trademark.
Using Numbers in TextsThis video shows the different ways that numbers are used in "text speak":
Example of 3M Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoMMM (expression of pleasure or contentment, 3m company) 3 (broken hearted) >3 (evil but happy) 3 (cute) 360 (complete circle) 39 (thank you)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.