What Does ADL Mean?ADL means "All Day Long." The abbreviation ADL is typically used in text-based communications to mean "All Day Long." ADL is normally used to indicate that the sender enjoys something so much or finds something so easy that they could do it all day without effort.
ADL can also be used with negative connotations. In such circumstances, ADL indicates that the sender has to endure something without a break. For example:
- I could ride this trail ADL. (Here, ADL expresses pleasure.)
- I had to listen to him moaning ADL. (Here, ADL expresses displeasure.)
- "Anti-Defamation League" (An international Jewish non-governmental organization based in the United States, which fights anti-Semitism and all forms of bigotry).
- "Activities of Daily Living" (A medical term which refers to the routine activities that people tend do every day without needing assistance. There are six basic ADLs: eating, walking, bathing, dressing, toileting and continence).
Image for ADL
When I write ADL, I mean this:
ADL can be throughout the entire day.
Summary of Key Points"All Day Long" is the most common definition for ADL on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||All Day Long|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of ADL in SentencesHere are examples of ADL being used in conversations:
- Tony: How was the tournament?
- Jordan: Great! I was on fire. I could have fought ADL.
- Tony: How was the game?
- Jordan: Cr*p! They could have played ADL against a team of kids and they still wouldn't have scored.
An Academic Look at ADLAs it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Ay Dee Ell"), ADL is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
ADL is typically used as an adverb of time. An adverb of time modifies a verb to describe when the verb occurs. For example:
- He has been travelling ADL. (Here, ADL emphasizes that the verb (travelling) has occurred throughout the day.)
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said something like "24/7" or "All Day Long" instead of using the abbreviation ADL.
Example of ADL Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoADED (all day every day) AAT (at all times) ATN (any time now) FTTB (for the time being) WDE (worst day ever)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.