What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does BBT Mean?BBT means "Be Back Tomorrow" and "Basal Body Temperature."
BBT is typically used in online and text-based communications to mean "Be Back Tomorrow." It announces that the participant will be away until the following day.
BBT contrasts with BBL ("Be Back Later"), which suggests a break of up to a few hours, and BBML ("Be Back Much Later"), which suggests a break of more than a few hours.
BBT also means "Basal Body Temperature," which is the temperature of the body at rest as measured in the morning. BBT is often used by women wishing to get pregnant to help with predicting the moment of maximum fertility.
Image for BBTWhen I write BBT, I mean this: BBT means "Be Back Tomorrow."
Summary of Key Points"Be Back Tomorrow" is the most common definition for BBT on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Be Back Tomorrow|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of BBT in SentencesHere are examples of BBT being used in conversations:
- Rob: My wife has left me. She says I don't take her seriously.
- Hank: What are you going to do?
- Rob: Oh nothing. I'm sure she will BBT.
- I have a superiority complex. You take your time to look up what that means. I'll BBT.
An Academic Look at BBTBBT is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Bee Bee Tee), but as this is harder to say than "Be Back Tomorrow" it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation BBT is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
Intialisms contrast with acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said something like "see you tomorrow" instead of using the abbreviation BBT.
Second Definition for BBTThis meaning was also noted:
|Definition:||Basal Body Temperature|
4: Difficult to guess
Example of BBT Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what BBT means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?