What Does BFFL Mean in a Text?BFFL means "Best Friend for Life."
"Best Friend For Life" is a term of endearment typically used between young girls. BFFL implies that the sender considers the recipient to be amongst their most special friends. It should be noted that the use of BFFL does not exclude the possibility that the sender has many other friends that are considered equally special.
"Best Friend For Life" can also be abbreviated as BF4L.
Image for BFFL
When I write BFFL, I mean this:
BFFL means we are inseperable.
Summary of Key Points"Best Friend for Life" is the most common definition for BFFL on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Best Friend for Life
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
50 Ways to Say "Best Friend"Here's a short video giving 50 ways to tell someone they're your best friend:
Examples of BFFL in SentencesHere are examples of BFFL being used in conversations:
- Tony: You are so kind, handsome and courageous. I want you to know that I will be your BFFL.
- Jordan: Thank you, sir. Now please go home or I will have to arrest you for being drunk in the street.
- Tony: You are such a special person. I want you to be my BFFL.
- Jordan: That's very sweet of you. But, I am still going to have to fire you.
An Academic Look at BFFLBFFL is an initialism abbreviation. This means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Bee Eff Eff El"), but as this is harder to say than "Best Friends For Life" it is not often spoken using its letters. The abbreviation BFFL is used for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "You will be my best friend forever" instead of using BFFL.
Example of BFFL Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoBF4L (best friends for life) BFA (best friends always) BFF (best friends forever) BFF4L (best friend forever for life) BFFAE (best friends for all eternity) BFFAE (best friends forever and ever) BFFLE (best friends for like ever)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.