What Does BMW Mean in a Text?BMW means "Big Mexican Woman" and "Bavarian Motor Works."
Big Mexican WomanThe abbreviation BMW is used with the meaning "Big Mexican Woman" to describe a woman of Latina origin who has a large figure. It is an empowering and politically-correct term for women of South-American origin who might previously have been described as "fat." In this context, BMW is typically used as a description on dating sites or as an indexing tag on pornographic websites.
Bavarian Motor WorksBMW also stands for "Bavarian Motor Works" ("Bayerische Motoren Werke" in German), which is a car and motorcycle manufacturer with its headquarters in Munich, Germany.
Image for BMW
When I write BMW, I mean this:
BMW also stands for "Bavarian Motor Works."
Summary of Key Points
First Definition for BMWBMW means "Big Mexican Woman." This is the most common meaning for BMW on online dating sites, such as Craigslist, Tinder, Zoosk and Match.com, as well as in texts and on chat forums.
|Big Mexican Woman
2: Quite easy to guess
Second Definition for BMWBMW also means "Bavarian Motor Works":
|Bavarian Motor Works
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of BMW in SentencesHere are examples of BMW being used in conversations:
- Did you hear about the dork who kissed a BMW? He burnt his lips on the exhaust pipe.
- Question: How many elephants can fit inside a BMW?
- Answer: As many as she can eat.
An Academic Look at BMWWhether used with the meaning "Big Mexican Woman" or "Bavarian Motor Works," BMW is classified as an initialism abbreviation, as it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Bee Emm Dblyoo"). Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?BMW cars have always been known as BMWs but, before the digital era, we would probably have just said something like "Big South-American Woman" instead of using the abbreviation BMW with the meaning "Big Mexican Woman" .
Example of BMW Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoBBBW (big beautiful black woman) BBW (big beautiful woman) LEES (very attractive man/woman) Dating Terms
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.