What Does BYAM Mean in a Text?BYAM means "Between You And Me."
The phrase "between you and me" is an idiom that is often used to preface a statement or piece of information that the speaker wishes to keep confidential or share in a private or secretive manner. It implies a level of trust between the speaker and the listener, suggesting that what is being shared should not be disclosed to others. For example:
- "BYAM, I heard that Ali is planning to resign."
- "Can I tell you something? It's definitely just BYAM, but I won the lottery last week!"
Image for BYAM
When I write BYAM, I mean this:
BYAM suggests that what is being shared should not be passed on.
Summary of Key Points"Between You and Me" is the most common definition for BYAM on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Between You and Me
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Academic Look at BYAMBYAM is classified as an initialism abbreviation, as it is pronounced one letter at a time.
Other examples of initialisms are:
Example of BYAM Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoB/W (between ) BYAI (between you and I) JBU (just between us) DLS (dirty little secret) IITUWUTMAS (if I tell you will you tell me a secret?) WKS (well kept secret)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.