What Does DNM Mean?DNM means "Does Not Matter." The abbreviation DNM means that whatever has been said or done is of no importance.
DNM can also stand for "Deep and Meaningful," a phrase usually applied to a conversation or relationship between two people (suggesting intense closeness).
Image for DNM
When I write DNM, I mean this:
DNM means something is unimportant.
Summary of Key Points"Does Not Matter" is the most common definition for DNM on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Does Not Matter|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of DNM in SentencesHere are examples of DNM being used in conversations:
- Simon: Thanks for letting me copy your notes.
- Harry: DNM. I'd copied them from Frank anyway.
- Kiera: I've made a bit of a mess in your flat.
- Kyle: DNM. The cleaner comes today.
An Academic Look at DNMAs it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Dee Enn Emm"), DNM is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
Second Definition for DNMThis meaning was also noted:
|Definition:||Deep and Meaningful|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Example of DNM Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoDM (Doesn't Matter) IDM (It Doesn't Matter) DKDC (Don't Know Don't Care) N2B (Not Too Bad) N2M (Not Too Much) NAA (Not At All) NABD (Not A Big Deal) NAP (Not A Problem) NBTD (Nothing Better To Do) CAN DO (No Problem) KNP (Okay, No Problem) NAP (Not A Problem) NOP (No Problem) NP (No Problem) NPAA (No Problem At All) NPS (No Problems) NPW (No Problem Whatsoever) NPZ (No Problems) D&M (Deep And Meaningful) DMC (Deep And Meaningful Conversation)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.