What Does Era Mean?Era means "A Phase of Life."
The word era actually means "a long and distinct period of history with a particular feature or characteristic." However, era is now widely used in chat and on social media to refer to a phase in the life of a person that they personally feel is significant.
Era is often used ironically or lightheartedly and implies that a phase in life is either over or has been accepted as the way things are at the moment.
Here are some examples:
- I was a real geek in my high school era, but now I'm in my party era and the fun is just beginning!
- When I was in my single and avaialble era, I couldn't get a date. Now I'm married I've suddenly entered my hot and desirable era, apparently.
- I was always first into the office during my ambitious era. Now I'm in my "I don't give a damn" flop era.
Image for Era
When I write Era, I mean this:
"A Phase of Life"
Summary of Key Points"A Phase of Life" is the most common definition for Era on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||A Phase of Life|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Example of Era Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoBABY-BOOMERS (generation born between 1946 and 1964) CAROLEAN ERA (period of reign of King Charles) GENERATION SNOWFLAKE (overly sensitive students) GEN X (generation born between 1965 and 1980) GEN Y (generation born between 1981 and 1996 (millennials)) GEN-Z (generation born between 1997 and 2015) MILLENNIAL GENERATION (generation born between 1981 and 1996)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.