What Does FINE Mean?FINE means "Great" and "Okay." Depending on the context, it can be used to express admiration, acceptance, or agreement. Here is more information about each of these definitions with examples.
GreatFINE often means "great." It is a way of expressing admiration for something or someone. For example:
- "That's a FINE set of wheels you've got there."
- "That is one FINE-looking horse and an even FINER-looking rider."
OkayFINE is also often used to mean "okay." Just like "okay," FINE can be an expression of agreement or a comment on the state of something and it can also be used enthusiastically or reluctantly. Context is crucial! For example:
- Ali: Pick you up at seven?
- Lol: FINE. I'll be ready.
- Jordan: How are you and Jo getting on?
- Chris: FINE! We've never been happier. (Here, Chris seems genuinely happy with Jo.)
- Jordan: How are you and Chris Getting on.
- Jo: FINE, I suppose. (Here, Jo doesn't seem quite so happy with Chris.)
Image for FINE
When I write FINE, I mean this:
Summary of Key Points for the First Definition of FINE"Great" is the most common definition for FINE on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
Adults and Teenagers
Summary of Key Points for the Second Definition"Okay" is another common definition for FINE.
Adults and Teenagers
Example of FINE Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoText-Speak using Just Numbers FAB (okay) FAF (fine as f*ck , fit as f*ck, funny as f*ck) FBM (fine by me) FBTW (fine, be that way) FINESSE (deceptive manipulation, exceptional skill) K (kids, okay) KK (okay) MK (mmm okay, Marc Kinchen, Magic Kingdom, Mortal Kombat, Mong Kok, MK Ultra, Michael Kors) NOK (not okay) WORD (cool, okay, really?, whatever!)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.