What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does G2G Mean?G2G means "Got To Go." The use of the abbreviation G2G lets the recipient know you must leave immediately. It implies a sense of urgency, suggesting you are already late.
GTG can also mean "Good To Go," which is used to confirm that something or someone is finished, is ready to start or is ready to leave.
Image for G2GWhen I write G2G, I mean this: G2G means you have to leave immediately.
Summary of Key Points"Got to Go" is the most common definition for G2G on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Got to Go|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of G2G in SentencesHere are examples of G2G being used in conversations:
- Ray: Are you going to help me wash up?
- Manuel: G2G. I'm late for the gym.
- Pete: There's just one more thing I need to show you.
- Bret: I've been here hours already. I've G2G.
An Academic Look at G2GG2G is classified as a cyber term as opposed to an initialism abbreviation or an acronym. Initially, cyber terms were introduced for brevity, but, particularly with the advent of predictive texting and on-screen keyboards, they are now mostly employed for fun. Cyber terms differ from icons because they are not pictorial representations.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "Must fly" or "I'm in a hurry" instead of using G2G.
Using Numbers in TextsThis video shows the different ways that numbers are used in "text speak":
Example of G2G Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what G2G means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?