What Does GUTI Mean in a Text?GUTI means "Get Used To It." It is an abbreviation used with the meaning "Get Used To It" to indicate that the recipient should accept a particular state of affairs.
GUTI is often used in a hostile manner, but it can also be used in "banter" between friends.
Image for GUTI
When I write GUTI, I mean this:
GUTI means that you need to accept the way things are.
Summary of Key Points"Get Used to It" is the most common definition for GUTI on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Get Used to It
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of GUTI in SentencesHere are examples of the abbreviation GUTI being used in conversations:
- Chris: I can't believe that the president has gone back on his word.
- Tony: GUTI. Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
- Al: I saw you hitting on Jane last night.
- Bill: GUTI. You've been friend-zoned and she's a free agent.
An Academic Look at GUTIGUTI is used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement). In other words, it is not used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.
GUTI is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Gee Yoo Tee Eye). However, as the abbreviation GUTI is typically used for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech, it is not often uttered using its letters.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have just said something like "That's the way it is" instead of using the abbreviation GUTI.
Example of GUTI Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoDGI (don't get involved ) DGI (don't get it) GOI (get over it) GWI (get with it) IGI (I get it) IGY (I get you) IYGM (if you get me)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.