What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does H2IK Mean?H2IK means "Hell If I Know." The abbreviation H2IK is used to mean "I don't know." It is typically used to express complete ignorance of the subject being discussed. When used between friends, H2IK may indicate a strong lack of interest. However, when used in a work environment, it usually indicates a lack of knowledge.
The abbreviation H2IK originates from the TV show Defying Gravity. As explained in the show, it can be used to appear as though you're giving a technical explanation when you actually don't know what you're talking about. If someone familiar with the term hears it, H2IK can be considered a request for help. For example:
- Boss: Why Isn't this programme working yet?
- IT Geek1 (Bluffing): It's an H2IK issue.
- IT Geek 2 (Jumping in): Yes, I've had a look, as you asked, and it seems to be an issue with the updates.
- IT Geek 1: Thanks, just as I thought. I will have that fixed in no time.
Image for H2IKWhen I write H2IK, I mean this: H2IK means I really don't know.
Summary of Key Points"Hell If I Know (see also HIIK)" is the most common definition for H2IK on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Hell If I Know (see also HIIK)|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of H2IK in SentencesHere are examples of H2IK being used in conversations:
- Maria: What would you like for dinner?
- Steph: H2IK.
- Maria: Wow, okay, calm down, I was only asking.
- Owen: How many blades of grass are there in your garden?
- Anna: H2IK! What a stupid question.
An Academic Look at H2IKH2IK is a proverbial phrase, a variant of "Damned if I know" meaning "I have no idea." A proverbial phrase or a proverbial expression is a saying that becomes widely known through word of mouth. The phrase and expression differ because while a proverb is a fixed expression, a proverbial phrase allows alterations to fit the grammar of the context.
H2IK is defined as a cyber term because some of its characters are used as substitutes for letters. Most cyber terms were introduced to reduce the number of key strokes required to write the word, but since the arrival of predictive texting and keyboards on mobile devices, this efficiency is no longer required. Nevertheless, cyber terms are still regularly used to make messages more entertaining or to express individuality. Cyber terms differ from icons because they are not pictorial representations.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "How on earth would I know that" instead of using H2IK.
Using Numbers in TextsThis video shows the different ways that numbers are used in "text speak":
Example of H2IK Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what H2IK means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?