What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does GOK Mean?GOK means "God Only Knows." The phrase "God Only Knows" is a way of saying it's impossible to predict what will happen or to give an accurate answer to a question.
Other abbreviations with similar meanings to GOK include:
Image for GOKWhen I write GOK, I mean this: GOK means I most definitely don't know.
Summary of Key Points"God Only Knows" is the most common definition for GOK on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||God Only Knows|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of GOK in SentencesHere are examples of GOK being used in conversations:
- Child: How many flies are there in the World?
- Adult: GOK, lots I expect.
- Fergus: Do you think Maria and Colm will get married?
- Sam: GOK, they seem to split up every other month.
An Academic Look at GOKThe abbreviation GOK represents a proverbial phrase or interjection expressing amazement or puzzlement. A proverbial phrase or a proverbial expression is a saying that becomes widely known through word of mouth. The phrase and expression differ because while a proverb is a fixed expression, a proverbial phrase allows alterations to fit the grammar of the context.
GOK is an interjection. An interjection is not grammatically related to any other part of the sentence. It is included in a sentence (usually at the start) to express a sentiment such as surprise, disgust, joy, excitement, or enthusiasm. In formal writing, interjections are usually offset from the surrounding words with commas.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "Goodness Knows" or even just "God Only Knows" instead of using GOK.
Example of GOK Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what GOK means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?