What Does HANGRY Mean in a Text?HANGRY means "Anger Compounded by Hunger" (i.e., made worse by hunger). HANGRY is an amalgam of hungry and angry. It describes the feeling you get when you are bad-tempered or irritable as a result of hunger.
Image for HANGRY
When I write HANGRY, I mean this:
A hangry person is bad-tempered or irritable as a result of hunger.
Summary of Key Points"Anger Compounded by Hunger" is the most common definition for HANGRY on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Anger Compounded by Hunger
|Slang Word (Jargon)
1: Easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of HANGRY in SentencesHere are examples of HANGRY being used in conversations:
- Charlie: It's been 45 minutes since we ordered our food. The service here is awful.
- Jordan: I'm not sure about you, but I'm starting to feel really HANGRY!
- Charlie: What's rattled your cage this morning?
- Jordan: Sorry, I skipped breakfast this morning so I'm probably just HANGRY.
An Academic Look at HANGRYAs it is formed by merging two words into one, HANGRY is classified as a portmanteau word. It is formed by amalgamating hungry and angry.
HANGRY is typically used as an adjective (i.e., a describing word). For example:
- Julie is HANGRY because of her highly restrictive diet.
Example of HANGRY Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.