What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does HYG Mean?HYG means "Here You Go."
The abbreviation HYG is used with the meaning "Here You Go" to accompany the action of giving something (an object or information) to another person. For example, a cashier handing over change following a purchase might say "Here You Go," while a person passing a telephone number by text message is more likely to use the abbreviation HYG.
Image for HYGWhen I write HYG, I mean this: HYG. Here's your coffee.
Summary of Key Points"Here You Go" is the most common definition for HYG on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Here You Go|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of HYG in SentencesHere are examples of HYG being used in conversations:
- Tasha: Can I have a receipt, please?
- Elaine: Of course. HYG.
- Tim: Can you tell me a joke I can repeat to my mom?
- Will: HYG. What did ET's mom say to him when he got home? "Where on Earth have you been?!"
- Tim: Thanks, but it needs to be funny.
An Academic Look at HYGHYG is an idiomatic phrase indicating delivery or completion. An idiom is a group of words that do not have a literal meaning. For example:
- "Take to heart," which means to take something seriously or personally.
- "Cross my mind," which means to remember (e.g.,"It never crossed my mind to put the cat out").
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "Here We Go" or something like "Here We Are" instead of using HYG.
Example of HYG Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?