What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does IDEK Mean?IDEK (I Don't Even Know) is most commonly used after an admittance of doing something stupid. In this meaning, the full version would be "I don't even known why I did it."
IDEK can also be used to portray an element of surprise at not knowing something that ought to be known.
Image for IDEKWhen I write IDEK, I mean this: The full version of IDEK would be "I don't even known why I did it."
Summary of Key Points"I Don't Even Know" is the most common definition for IDEK on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||I Don't Even Know|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of IDEK in SentencesHere are examples of IDEK being used in conversations:
- Charlie: Did you get caught trying to steal that pepper grinder from the restaurant?
- Jordan: Yeah, IDEK. (Here, IDEK means "I don't even know why I did it.")
- Charlie: What's the capital of Russia?
- Jordan: Russia? IDEK the capital of here. (Here, IDEK means "I don't even know" and emphasizes that something that should be known isn't known.)
An Academic Look at IDEKIDEK is typically used as a standalone declarative sentence with the meaning "I don't even know why I did it." However, it can also be used like a transitive verb (i.e., one that takes a direct object). For example:
- IDEK how to boil an egg. (Here, the direct object is the noun clause how to boil an egg.)
Of note, IDEK could be pronounced "ideck," which would make it an acronym as opposed to an initialism (pronounced using its individual letters, i.e., Aye Dee Ee Kay). However, as the term "ideck" is not in common use, IDEK must be considered an initialism abbreviation.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "I really have no idea" instead of IDEK.
Example of IDEK Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?