What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does IDWK Mean?IDWK means "I Don't Wanna Know."
The abbreviation IDWK is used with the meaning "I Don't Wanna Know" to indicate a lack of interest in something or a lack of desire to hear about it. IDWK is very similar in meaning to IDEWTK (I Don't Even Want To Know), although the inclusion of "even" makes this latter abbreviation more emphatic.
American pop band Maroon 5 released a track in 2016 entitled "I Don't Wanna Know," which featured guest vocals by rapper Kendrick Lamar.
Image for IDWKWhen I write IDWK, I mean this: IDWK can indicate a lack of desire to participate in something.
Summary of Key Points"I Don't Wanna Know" is the most common definition for IDWK on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||I Don't Wanna Know|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of IDWK in SentencesHere are examples of IDWK being used in conversations:
- Tyrone: I had such a hot date last night.
- Col: Ugh, IDWK about your love life, thanks all the same.
- Employee: Sorry I was late.
- Employer: IDWK why, but don't let it happen again.
An Academic Look at IDWKIDWK is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Eye Dee Dublyoo Kay), but as this is harder to say than "I Don't Wanna Know," it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation IDWK is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "I'm Really Not Interested" instead of using IDWK.
Example of IDWK Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what IDWK means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?