What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does IHU Mean?IHU means "I Hate You."
The abbreviation IHU is typically used with the meaning "I Hate You" to express feelings of intense dislike. However, IHU can also be used ironically. In such cases it is often used in response to someone’s good fortune, expressing good-natured jealousy rather than actual dislike. For example:
- Angry Parent: You are grounded for the whole of this week!
- Angry Teenager: IHU! You're not my real dad! (Here, IHU expresses genuine (though, hopefully temporary) dislike.)
- Lucky Lucy: I won 1000 bucks on a scratch card!
- Jealous Jon: IHU! That's the third time this year! I never win anything. (Here, IHU expresses good-natured jealousy.)
Image for IHUWhen I write IHU, I mean this: IHU doesn't always have to be so hurtful.
Summary of Key Points"I Hate You (see also IHY)" is the most common definition for IHU on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||I Hate You (see also IHY)|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of IHU in SentencesHere are examples of IHU being used in conversations:
- Sam: I've been offered a promotion.
- Jeremy: Congratulation! But, IHU!
- Ryan: I don't engage in mental combat with the unarmed.
- Morris: IHU. You think you're so smart, but you're an idiot.
An Academic Look at IHUThe abbreviation IHU is typically used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement). In other words, it is not normally used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "You're Horrible" or even just "I Hate You" instead of using IHU.
Example of IHU Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?