What Does ILYB Mean?ILYB means "I Love You Baby" and "I Love You Both."
The abbreviation ILYB is most commonly used with the meaning "I Love You Baby," as a term of affection between two people who are romantically involved.
ILYB is also used with the meaning "I Love You Both." In this context, ILYB is typically used by a child or young adult when saying goodbye to parents or grandparents. It could also be used to declare that someone is romantically attached to two people.
Image for ILYB
When I write ILYB, I mean this:
ILYB also used with the meaning "I Love You Baby."
Summary of Key Points
First Definition for ILYBILYB means "I Love You Baby." This is the most common definition for ILYB on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and X (Twitter).
|Definition:||I Love You Baby|
Adults and Teenagers
Second Definition for ILYBILYB also means "I Love You Both":
|Definition:||I Love You Both|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of ILYB in SentencesHere are examples of ILYB being used in conversations:
- Parents: We're so proud of what you've achieved.
- Child: I couldn't have done it without your help. ILYB so much.
- Anna: You've got to choose between me and Anita.
- Serge: I can't, ILYB.
An Academic Look at ILYBThe abbreviation ILYB is typically used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement). It is not normally used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.
As it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Eye Ell Why Bee"), ILYB is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "I Love You Baby" or "I Love You Both" instead of using ILYB.
Example of ILYB Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See Also241 (Two For One) ELE (Everybody Love Everybody) ILYA (I Love You All) ILYG (I Love You Guys/Girls)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.