What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does IMY Mean?IMY means "I Miss You." The abbreviation IMY is used to express feelings of sorrow or sadness due to the absence of someone, such as a spouse, lover, close friend, or family member. It is typically used at the end of a conversation, when saying goodbye.
- "I Miss You" is also often abbreviated as IMU.
- "I Miss You" is the title of many songs by different artists, including the American band Blink-182, who had an international hit with their version in 2004.
Image for IMYWhen I write IMY, I mean this: IMY expresses a desire to be with someone.
Summary of Key Points"I Miss You" is the most common definition for IMY on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||I Miss You|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of IMY in SentencesHere are examples of the abbreviation IMY being used in conversations:
- Pete: How much do you miss me?
- Jen: IMY like William Shatner misses Star Trek.
- Colin: Do you miss me?
- Sam: Of course! IMY like a surfer misses California.
An Academic Look at IMYIMY is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Eye Emm Why). However, as the abbreviation IMY is typically used for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech, it is not often said using its letters.
Initialisms contrast with acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have just said something like "I Miss You" or "I Can't Wait To See You" instead of using the abbreviation IMY.
Example of IMY Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?