What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does IMU Mean?IMU means "I Miss You." The abbreviation IMU indicates a feeling of sorrow or sadness due to the absence of someone, such as a lover, family member, or close friend. It is typically used at the end of a conversation, when saying goodbye.
- "I Miss You" is also often abbreviated as IMY.
- "I Miss You" is the title of many songs by different artists, including the American band Blink-182, who had an international hit with their version in 2004.
Image for IMUWhen I write IMU, I mean this: IMU usually indicates a longing to see someone.
Summary of Key Points"I Miss You" is the most common definition for IMU on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||I Miss You|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of IMU in SentencesHere are examples of the abbreviation IMU being used in conversations:
- Rob: How much do you miss me?
- Jo: IMU like an idiot misses the point.
- Stevie: Do you miss me?
- Sue: Of course! IMU like a skier misses the snow.
An Academic Look at IMUIMU is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Eye Emm Yoo). However, as the abbreviation IMU is used for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech, it is not often uttered using its letters.
Initialisms contrast with acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "Miss You" or "Can't Wait To See You" instead of using the abbreviation IMU.
Example of IMU Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?