What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does JS Mean?JS means "Just Saying." The abbreviation JS is used in online conversations and text speech to mean "Just Saying." JS is typically used to soften an insult or a piece of advice that has been proffered and that may not be well received. For example:
- Sometimes, you are the most selfish person I know. JS. (Here, JS is being used to soften the delivery of an insult.)
- I don't think that color suits you at all. JS. (Here, JS is being used to soften the delivery of advice that may not be well received.)
Other common meanings of JS are:
- "Joint Service" (A military term referring to anything that involves all services of the armed forces, i.e., Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines).
- "Java Script" (A scripting language, primarily used on the web to enhance HTML pages).
Summary of Key Points"Just Saying" is the most common definition for JS on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Image for JSWhen I write JS, I mean this:
Just Saying is a phrase often used by Donald Trump.
Examples of JS in SentencesHere are examples of the abbreviation JS being used in jokes:
- You're the reason the gene pool needs a lifeguard. JS.
- If I had a face like yours, I'd sue my parents. JS.
An Academic Look at JSJS is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Jay Ess). However, as the abbreviation JS is typically used for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech, it is not often uttered using its letters.
Initialisms contrast with acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said something like "I'm Only Saying" instead of using the abbreviation JS.
Second Definition for JSThis meaning was also noted:
2: Quite easy to guess
Example of JS Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?