What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does LEGIT Mean?LEGIT means "Legitimate." When used online, LEGIT best translates as "for real," "true," or "legal." It is commonly seen in the question "Is this LEGIT?" (i.e., "Is this true?", "Is this for real?", or "Is this legal?").
Another version of LEGIT is LIGIT.
Image for LEGITWhen I write LEGIT, I mean this: LEGIT is a contraction of legitimate.
Summary of Key Points"True or Legal (from legitimate) (see also LEGIT)" is the most common definition for LEGIT on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||True or Legal (from legitimate)
(see also LIGIT)
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of LEGIT in SentencesHere are examples of LEGIT being used in conversations:
- Tony: Is your idea LEGIT?
- Jordan: Yeah, there's nothing illegal. (Here, LEGIT means "legal.")
- Tony: Simon is going out with Janice now.
- Jordan: LEGIT?
- Tony: Yes, he told me yesterday. (Here, LEGIT means "for real.")
- Tony: Is that story LEGIT?
- Jordan: I'm 100% sure it's the truth. (Here, LEGIT means "true.")
An Academic Look at LEGITLEGIT is a shortened version of legitimate and is therefore classified as a contraction.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "above board," "genuine," or "true" instead of LEGIT.
Example of LEGIT Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?