What Does LOLOL Mean?LOLOL means "Lots Of Laughing Out Loud."
LOLOL is an acronym used to indicate that the sender finds something hilarious. LOLOL is an exaggerated form of writing LOL (Laughing Out Loud). However, as with almost all forms of LOL, the use of LOLOL has become more nuanced and it is often used sarcastically. (Thereby indicating that the sender did not find what was said even slightly funny.)
Check out this page and see the video below on the evolution of LOL.
Image for LOLOL
When I write LOLOL, I mean this:
Take care! LOLOL may be used sarcastically.
Summary of Key Points"Lots Of Laughing Out Loud" is the most common definition for LOLOL on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Lots Of Laughing Out Loud|
|Type:||Acronym and Abbreviation|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of LOLOL in SentencesHere are examples of LOLOL being used in conversations:
- Arron: Apparently I snore so loudly that it scares everyone in the car when I'm driving.
- Bill: LOLOL. You should be a comedian. (Here, LOLOL is probably being used to express genuine amusement.)
- Wendy: Did you know that Moses had the first tablet connected to the cloud?
- Mary: LOLOL. Get back to work. (Here, LOLOL is probably being used sarcastically.)
An Academic Look at LOLOLAs it is spoken like a word, LOLOL is an acronym. Acronyms contrast with initialism abbreviations, which are pronounced using their individual letters.
LOLOL is also an interjection. An interjection is not grammatically related to any other part of the sentence. It is included in a sentence (usually at the start) to express a sentiment such as surprise, disgust, joy, excitement or enthusiasm.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "Ha ha, very funny" instead of using LOLOL.
The Evolution of "LOL"This video shows the evolution of the term "LOL" and the various laughing emojis: Read more about LOL.
Example of LOLOL Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoBLOL (big laugh out loud) LAWLS (laugh at loud) LOLED (laughed out loud (i.e. the past tense of lol)) LOLK (laughing out loud, okay) LOLL (laugh out loud literally) LOLQ (laugh out loud quietly) LOLZ (laugh out loud (with sarcasm)) LULS (laugh out loud (from lol)) LULZ (laugh out loud (from lol)) ROFLOL (rolling on floor, laughing out loud) ROTFLOL (rolling on the floor laughing out loud) SLOL (seriously laughing out loud) TLOL (truly laughing out loud)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.